Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday's Fabulous Woman: joni Mitchell

I've been listening to Joni Mitchell all week in the shop so figured it was only appropriate that she be the first fabulous woman of 2011!   An incredible voice and talented musician, what I didn't know about her is that she considers herself a painter first and musician second.  According to the Joni Mitchell site, in 2000 she said: "I have always thought of myself as a painter derailed by circumstance."  The painting below was done in 1972 as the original cover for the album 'For The Roses'.  For various reasons, it wasn't used on the cover but became the billboard poster on Sunset Boulevard once the album was released.
I thought Joni crooning about 'pink paradise' in Big Yellow Taxi back in 1970 would be a perfect start to the weekend. 


Pictures from here and here.

No comments: