Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Russell James

Sometimes I wonder what rock I am hiding under.  One of my favorite customers was in the store last week and mentioned that she thought I would love the work of Australian photographer, Russell James.  I, of course, had never heard of him.  Turns out he is one of the top fashion photographers in the world and has a well known series entitled Nomads.  All of which means a glorious portfolio here.

More than that however, is an incredible collaborative project with his photos and aboriginal art which I totally love and can't believe with all the publicity it had last year, I missed it.  Such stunning contrast and marriage between two mediums and two perspectives. I would love to see these large and in person.















PS. If you are a budding photographer, he is running ongoing photo contests on his Facebook page.

No comments: